Quality Scientist - Nutritional
- Job Level:
$70,000 - $90,000 plus Bonus
We are seeking a well-experienced candidate with strong knowledge of analytical methodologies specific to nutraceuticals and/or supplement products and ingredients. The Quality Scientist will join a growing Quality Compliance Team supporting all technical aspects of the development and sale of specialty nutritional ingredients. This bonus eligible position will provide resourceful solutions and collaborative services to customers and suppliers working under the direction of the Quality Director and collaborating with internal departments (Medical & Scientific Affairs, Operations, New Product Development, and Sales) and external partners. Responsibilities will include researching and recommending quality test methods, working with contract testing partners, technical documentation and compliance.
Our client is an innovative developer and distributor of high-quality nutritional ingredients to enhance product health and functionality. A leader with over 50 years of market place success this growing organization maintains strong core values, a positive work environment and promotes opportunities for professional growth.
- Function as Subject Matter Expert working with customers, suppliers and contract testing facilities to facilitate approvals, recommend test methods and support QA and Compliance programs.
- Review, develop, and implement test methods for ingredients with suppliers, customers, and third-party laboratories.
- Troubleshoot test methods and qualify/audit contract testing facilities.
- Review specifications, technical documents and laboratory data to ensure compliance and quality approval of products.
- Perform internal evaluations of R&D and commercial samples.
- Create SDS’s and labels in accordance with Globally Harmonized System (GHS) regulations.
- Review SDS and third-party COA’s for compliance.
- Maintain current knowledge of US and international regulations and industry test methods.
- Review suppliers for compliance with regulations and customer requirements.
- Assist suppliers and customers with technical questions and formulation work.
- Respond for customer complaints and non-conformances through investigations and CAPAs.
- Performs other tasks as requested by the Director of Quality.
- Travel as required, ~5%
- BS Degree Analytical Chemistry or related scientific program
Experience & Skills Required
- 3+ years of experience evaluating nutritional supplement/botanical quality
- Demonstrated knowledge of FDA food and dietary ingredient regulations, HACCP/HARPC, GMP, and affiliated test procedures.
- Must have strong analytical skills, project management and organizational skills.
- Collaborative, problem-solving approach with a desire to contribute to a driven, young, high energy team.
- Great attitude, willingness to learn and ability to identify solutions. Dedication to company, department and individual goals.
- Excellent Communication, Customer Service and documentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint...), experience utilizing Salesforce, Compliance Quest or other CRM and quality management software systems.
- Excellent employment references and a stable career history.