The General Manager will be expected to, manage our organization's business activities and to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs. Direct and coordinate activities of multiple departments such as Engineering, Operations, Quality, and Internal Sales. This position will assist management in formulating and administering the organization's policies and objectives by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies, directing and coordinating all divisional department activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with management personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives, resulting from current status and conditions.
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements business strategic planning including new product development, operational and financial performance.
- Oversees Manufacturing and Engineering departments to review production and operating reports and resolve operational, manufacturing, and facility issues to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and to meet growth.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Reviews and supports Engineering and Sales departments to oversee design concepts with fundamental or new technology used for new or existing products or improvements to provide cost reduction, safety, customer requirements, and marketing growth.
- Review operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain manufacturing or outsourcing requirements to develop new markets.
- Manage and directs staff in Production/Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Shipping.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience as a General Manager or similar executive role.
- BSc/BA Business or relevant field; Engineering degree, M.E., E.E., required.
- Prior Engineering or Production Management experience required in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the electronics industry.
- Prior experience in military/Department of Defense industries, highly preferred
- ISO 9001 experience and a good quality background required
- Experience planning, budgeting, and profit/loss responsibility.
- Knowledge of business process and functions (Finance, Procurement, Operations, etc.)
- Strong leadership qualities and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Problem-solving aptitude.