Specialty Chemical Manufacturing
- Job Level:
$75,000 - $120,000 plus Bonus
We are seeking a well qualified Rheology Scientist to join an industry-leading specialty chemical team developing custom additives for coating and lubrication applications. This dynamic research position will join a diverse team to collaborate in the development of new products, management of project and programs to bring innovative research to the market.
Our client has over 50 years of experience in developing world-class additives and formulations to global industry leaders.
- Conduct research and implement projects to develop new molecules, polymers, and formulations to achieve business targets.
- Material characterization
- Interpret experimental data to evaluate performance and characterization of products.
- Troubleshoot process challenges
- Develop, test and commercialize specialty additives to meet customer requirements. Identify technical product qualification requirements and implement testing programs to evaluate additive performance.
- Communicate value proposition of research projects, programs and product performance in a manner that communicates the larger corporate benefits.
- Develop and maintain product documentation and technical specifications.
- Perform additional functions incidental as assigned.
- PhD/MS Chemist, Material Scientist or Chemical Engineer preferred. Minimum BS required with excellent industry experience.
Experience & Skills Required
- Excellent knowledge of polymer characterization techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical details and support ideas (verbal, written and graphic) to varied audiences (technical and non-technical).
- Provide appropriate documentation to make a confident and compelling argument.
- Demonstrated success working in a collaborative environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and develop personal relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and project management experience.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize work and make independent and timely decisions.
- Ability to design experiments and interpret results.
- Strong data analysis, interpretation skills and ability to form sound conclusions and make business recommendations based on the analysis.
- Demonstrated success working on cross-functional, cross-institutional or global teams is a strong plus.
- Prior experience working with colloidal chemistry
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills and ability to deal with ambiguity.