Personal Care Products
- Job Level:
$20.00 - $25.00
We are seeking a junior level Formulation Chemist/Batching Associate to support a busy research team developing new prototype products for customer evaluation. This position will report to a Senior Chemist and have interactions with multiple internal departments for managing development projects and organizing R&D priorities in support of new business opportunities and existing customer projects.
Our client is a global company supporting development of personal care and industrial products.
The Formulation Chemist/Batching Associate will work closely with Senior Development team members, marketing, and quality team members with responsibilities for assisting in the development of prototype formulations. Activities may include the reverse formulation of products, and stability testing.
- Daily activities include batching prototypes formulations, troubleshooting formulations, preparing samples for testing/stability evaluations and application testing.
- The incumbent will evaluate sensory evaluations, coordinate quality testing with on-site and remote laboratories, educate/train customers and sales representatives.
- Standard testing including viscosity, moisture content and other physical and chemical properties.
- Maintain accurate data, formulation records, inventory, instrument calibration and keep a well-organized laboratory.
- BS in Chemistry or life science discipline
Experience & Skills Required
- 6-12 months of related product development experience especially related to formulations of lotions and creams
- Excellent attention to detail, communication, technical writing, organizational and computer skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities and desire to take project ownership