Manager Of Clinical Ancillary Appli...
- Job Level:
$120,000.00 - $150,000.00
The Manager - Clinical Systems and Ancillary Applications integrate, coordinates and plans resources to achieve strategic goals via the management of clinical and ancillary systems. The Manager organizes, manages and develops project team resources in order to effectively meet project commitments and business objectives.
- Forms interdisciplinary project teams consisting of IT professionals, physicians, nurses, patient care administrative and technical staff to select and implement major clinical information systems.
- Manages the design, acquisition, implementation, and evaluation of clinical information systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems a plus. Advance degree is a plus.
Experience & Skills Required
- Experience in Healthcare Information Systems, with practical experience in healthcare operations and systems analysis required.
- Three years of management/lead experience is required.
- Experience with Clinical Ancillary Applications and knowledge of Allscripts SCM EMR highly desirable
- Technical knowledge of HL7 interfaces, integration, operating systems, and conversions is required.
- Strong leadership characteristics and managerial skills that empower and develop others.
- Ability to plan, direct and coordinate all activities of an applications support group with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the expertise to translate technical terminology into terms understandable by management, department heads, and performance level personnel.
- An understanding of the healthcare applications suite and their place in the acute care, physician, ambulatory and ancillary settings.
- Excellent clinical workflow knowledge – clinical background a plus.
- In conjunction with other IT personnel and/or third-party vendors; tests, monitors and supports all interfaces to/from and among all existing and proposed systems.
- Prepares, monitors, and maintains all departmental budgets.
- Provides oversight of major operational and budget planning.