The Accounts Receivable/Billing Supervisor oversees the daily operations of the Accounts Receivable department. In addition to supervising the staff, this position will update financial records, and manage all payment channels as well as customer invoicing.
- In conjunction with the Corporate Controller, set strategy and vision for the department.
- Manage and train staff of accounts receivable professionals, set performance goals, develop key performance indicators and track department and employee statistics as well as department budget (headcount and all expenses).
- Document and maintain all processes and policies within the department.
- Develop appropriate internal controls and bring into a best practice environment.
- Establish a contingency/backup plan for all department functions inclusive of two-tier cross-training and back up plans for critical functions.
- Collaborate with various departments on projects and process improvements to improve profitability and the customer experience.
- Interface with customers directly and support the customer service center on inquiries regarding billing and payments.
- Collaborate with the credit & collections team and Corporate Controller on projects and initiatives.
- Support all efforts with regard to accounts receivable and billing for all acquisitions and divestitures.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for all customer cash application for all payment channels, inclusive of running key off report and applying all key offs.
- Process auto-pay requests and set data security policy regarding receipt and storage of customer payment information.
- Manage all payment channels inclusive of lockbox, merchant processing, direct debit, e-check and home banking, inclusive of managing each respective online portal and the users and entitlements thereof.
- Work with banks and other payment service providers to implement products and services to streamline the customer payment experience while minimizing payment processing costs.
- Responsible for month-end accounting close process. Work with the accounting department to support efforts for a daily cash reconciliation process.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate NACHA rules for ACH transactions and support IT efforts regarding PCI compliance.
- Develop and maintain department reporting to demonstrate trends in cash receipts, total volume/cost of payments and merchant processing fees review.
- Bank and other transaction fee review for payment and other products and services.
- Review and improve customer communications in support of payments (i.e., lockbox services).
- Manage all aspects of billing within the ADDS/OSG platforms.
- Work with field to implement billing internal controls and best practices.
- Manage OSG billing portal inclusive of submitting dai
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related field
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience with proven ability to lead
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel Skills
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Gas/Energy/Electric company experience highly desired.