Long Term Contract
New York, NY
- Job Level:
Our client, a city agency has an immediate opening for a Procurement Agent/Buyer.
- Formulating, developing and preparing all documentation applicable to solicitations, contract and purchase order actions
- Managing the procurement process including bid contract formation, preparing and processing of all procurement documents and applicable and solicitations
- Responsible for all aspects of invoice processing – obtain complete and accurate invoices in a timely manner, verify prices are in compliance with contract, obtain proper approvals, log information in internal database, and submit to Fiscal Department for vouchering.
- Ensuring work is in accordance with governmental rules and regulations; conferring with and advising project managers to ensure contract compliance and conformance to applicable laws
- Ensuring contractual documentation as well as subcontractor(s) input are in compliance with all applicable requirements
- Attending and serving as contract and subcontract representative at program and project meetings, as required
- Reviewing all purchase order requisitions for compliance with procurement policy board rules, procedures and internal and external directives
- Organizing and processing workflow for effective and efficient compliance
- Bachelor’s degree required
Experience & Skills Required
- Knowledge of New York City's Procurement Policy Board Rules, local laws and policies impacting procurements.
- Experience working with government procurement.
- Experience negotiating contracts with suppliers and/or subcontractors preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Must be able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment; able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly-organized, resourceful, and reliable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to update and edit existing databases.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Two (2) years of previous buying or procurement experience.
- Experience with Financial Management System (FMS) is preferred.