Experienced Admitting Clerk needed for mid-Westchester Hospital to process all inpatient, Ambulatory Surgery and private Ambulatory registration which includes interviewing the incoming patients to obtain pertinent demographic and insurance data and obtaining required signatures.
- Responsible for generating patient charts, ID bracelets, obtain pertinent signatures, coordinate patient charts to include physician orders, medical consent, and direct patients to appropriate ancillary department for testing.
- Integrate the use of software for insurance Eligibility, copays and correcting registration error at the time of registration
- Responsible for checking inpatient and ambulatory patient’s valuables with the cashier and have patient sign the Valuable
- Policy Release form which should be included in the patient folder.
- Distribute "Patient Guide" which includes Patient Bill of Rights, Health Care Proxy and Medicare Notices.
- Process patient pre-admission for all elective patients either by telephone or when patient arrives for pre-op testing.
- Responsible for informing patients about their responsibilities at the time of pre-registration.
- Responsible for entering ordered tests into Order Communication system to ensure that the ancillary departments receive appropriate testing orders through the computer system.
- Responsible for completing pre-certification process on the weekends for those insurances carriers mandating the completion of the process on weekend.
- Responsible for escorting patient to Ambulatory Surgery unit.