NYS Licensed Clinical Laboratory Te...
White Plains, NY
- Job Level:
Attention Healthcare Hero’s - We're adding new positions for NYS Licensed Clinical Laboratory Technologists on evening, night and weekend shifts (flexible scheduling available for strong candidates). This is a fabulous opportunity to join a highly tenured team of Technologists in a newly renovated state of the art laboratory. Cross-training within and across laboratory departments is strongly promoted.
As a member of a well-respected healthcare system our client is a leader in general medicine, surgery, trauma and multiple specialties utilizing the most advanced and innovative technology to provide the highest level of patient care. The laboratory team is a valued member of the healthcare system and recognized as a critical key to providing best in class patient care.
- Provide high quality laboratory testing of patient samples supporting department specialties.
- Prioritize testing activities to meet department targets and stat testing requirements.
- Record and report test results in an appropriately expedient manner.
- Performs instrument function checks and maintenance with proper documentation.
- Adhere to all internal SOP’s and regulatory standards, perform and document QC tests, report and troubleshoot issues as necessary.
- Document corrective action.
- Effectively communicates with laboratory staff to assure effective and efficient laboratory operation.
- Notify supervisor and/or management of issues and concerns in an appropriately timely fashion.
- Participate in inventory monitoring and ordering.
- Assure adherence with quality program activities (quality reviews, equipment maintenance and function checks).
- Accurately maintain all manual and computer based sample tracking and reporting systems.
- Troubleshoot orders and provide proper communication to the clinician as necessary.
- Cross-train within department and across laboratory departments, to support laboratory mission and personal development.
Incumbent must have a valid New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist license at the time of appointment
Prior experience or training in Microbiology and Blood Bank is highly desirable (Additional opening for a night Generalist available).
Experience & Skills Required
- Adhere to universal precautions, follow laboratory safety guidelines and adhere to recommended PPE’s to meet laboratory standards and assure public health needs
- Provide meticulous detail and accuracy in carrying out laboratory procedures and record keeping.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to interact with clinicians and staff at all levels.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- High proficiency with PC computer software applications, data collection and tracking systems, timekeeping systems and MS Office.
NYS CLS licensure
Generous holiday and vacation schedule and comprehensive benefits program!