Test Lab Engineer
Aerospace / Defense Maintenance / Service
- Job Level:
$105000.00 - 130000.00
The Senior Test Engineer role is responsible for the entire Engineering Qualification Test Lifecycle Process in order to objectionably demonstrate that deployed and delivered WL Products are able to satisfy contractual environmental and operational requirements.
- Design, develop and generate Qualification Test Procedures
- Oversee and directly participate in the formal execution of Qualification testing.
- Generate Qualification Test Reports
- Maintain and manage Engineering test lab area
- Ensure calibration certification of Engineering test instrumentation and measurement resources are maintained.
- Plan, schedule and procure outside test resource facilities when necessary, as required
- Personally oversee the execution of outside test execution as necessary
- e.g. EMI compliance to MIL-STD-461
- Review Qualification and Design Engineering Test processes and practices for opportunities to improve quality and/or lower costs.
- Develop qualification procedure and report templates that may serve as basis for generating new procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Controls Engineering Manager.
Experience & Skills Required
- 15 year experience minimum, working in a Design Engineering Test organization.
- Ideally, 5 or more years in a technical leadership capacity.
- Practical experience with the following MIL SPECs, as applicable to Qualification Test:
- MIL-STD-1399-300, Type I
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD Electrical schematic capture, or similar.
- Knowledge of industry recognized drafting and electrical CAD standards.
- Knowledge of industry specifications including NEMA and UL specs and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional team environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with attention to detail and quality.
- Experience working with 480 VAC, 3-phase power systems.
- Experience working with MIL-DTL-2212 (greatly preferred).
- Knowledge of power systems and / or industrial automation & controls.
- Functional knowledge of Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) applications.
- Knowledge of Naval and commercial power systems.
- Experience entering product structure data into ERP systems (Visual Manufacturing is a big plus).
- Experience with Lattice and Xilinx FPGAs.
- Experience with Solid Works 3D modeling.
- Basic PLC skills.