Fiscal Administrative Assistant
New York, NY
- Job Level:
$23.00 - $24.00/hr
Expanding Law Office has an immediate opening for a Fiscal Administrative Assistant in its Fiscal Unit. In this position under general direction, the Administrative Assistant performs cash operations and travel arrangement work to assist the fiscal unit and provide other support as needed to the Fiscal Unit.
- Monitor and process online travel requests, provide travel cost estimates, and make travel arrangements for office staff and out of town witnesses.
- Monitor and process Fiscal online and offline payment requests and employee reimbursement requests, and work with staff to ensure accuracy and timely completion of requests.
- Maintain expense journals for petty cash and credit card transactions and ensure that receipts and necessary approvals have been received for all transactions.
- Prepare expense bundles for review and reimbursement.
- Serve as the unit back-up for cash disbursement to staff.
- Answer unit’s telephone calls and field specific inquiries as necessary.
- Support internal/external audits.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; accounting, economics, business administration or a related-field preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Strong mathematical skills a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Access.
- QuickBooks a plus
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple short-term projects.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperativ