Packaging / Container Manufacturing
- Job Level:
$70,000 - 85,000
Our client, a large cosmetic manufacturer, is seeking a Production Manager to join their team in the Carlstadt, NJ area. As a Production Manager, you will be planning, structuring, monitoring, and supporting the daily production activity and facilitates departmental workflow. We are looking for someone with familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the business, and the safe, consistent deployment of same across all work centers.
- The role contemplates that the individual will independently rely upon experience and judgment to plan, execute, effectively communicate and accomplish goals.
- Perform a variety of tasks while reporting to the Manager of Innovation & Technology, but is expected to align all activities with the needs of other departments and the business.
- Work hand-in-glove with the Quality and Logistics Departments to assure high levels of quality and on-time performance for all customers.
- Maintain personal compliance with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and will actively communicate the provisions of the Code to assure broad support and understanding of the program.
- Works with all departments to create and assure efficient flow of product and a clean and orderly workplace.
- Supervises all press operators, coordinates and supports the production of all products, and assures high levels of safety and quality.
- Analyzes order input and updates the ERP system with activity to appropriately schedule the production floor, to assure that on time in full ( OTIF ) goals are achieved, and communicate current status for other constituencies.
- Guides and supports the set-up and maintenance team(s) as necessary.
- Assures effective communication between business leadership and operators to maintain a smooth flow of work and assure that high levels of productivity are achieved.
- Assists with process improvement initiatives and works with other all stakeholders to assure smooth shipment of goods are OTIF.
- Adheres to, trains for, and promotes compliance with all corporate, safety and regulatory procedures, fully complies with laws, regulations and standards as promulgated.
- May assist with regular physical inventory assuring high levels of accuracy.
Experience & Skills Required
- Associates Degree is required / Bachelor’s (BA/BS) or equivalent work experience is preferred
- 5-7 years or more of successful manufacturing operations support experience
- Excellent computer, communication (English), and people skills
- Demonstrates a passion for excellence and is biased toward action
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Sets and achieves effective personal goals