- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. Respond to queries either in person or over the phone. Train computer users.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help. Ask questions to determine nature of problem. Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software. Clean up computers. Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
Experience & Skills Required
- Internship or 1 year experience in a help desk support role
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience with IT, Computer Science and computer hardware
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferred