- Job Level:
$40.00 - 45.00
Our client is a reputable organization in the Danbury, CT area looking to bring on a Payroll Manager to their team. The ideal candidate will have payroll management experience overseeing payroll operations for a company with a large employee base. This is an excellent opportunity to join a stable company with great room for growth and a fantastic reputation!
Local candidates only please - Relocation is unable to be considered for this position.
Payroll Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee all payroll operations including full-time salary and hourly employees across multiple entities.
- Review payroll data and documents for inefficiencies and errors, and ensure payments are made on time.
- Own the payroll operations process from start to finish, implementing policies and procedures to direct reports and resolving payroll related issues as they arise.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll for all employees and act as the lead point of contact for all payroll related inquiries and disputes.
- Partner with HR and Benefits to ensure timely and accurate deductions of voluntary deductions, medical, dental, 401K, transit and other benefits; process all garnishments
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, nontaxable wages, etc.
- Reconcile payroll taxes
- Ensure appropriate general ledger entries for payroll
Experience & Skills Required
Payroll Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5 + years of payroll experience in a large company with a high number of employees
- 2+ years of payroll management experience overseeing at least one direct report in payroll
- Extensive Knowledge of State and Federal payroll tax regulations
- Strong technical skills includin diverse experience with different payroll and time and attendance systems; Workday, Kronos, UltiPro, ADP, etc. and proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong problem solving, data analysis, and evaluation skills
- Ability to multi-task, work with a strong sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.