Our client is a reputable organization in the Greater Danbury, CT area that is looking to add an experienced Payroll Specialist to their team. The ideal candidate will have recent payroll focused experience coordinating/processing payroll and time/attendance for a large number of employees across multiple entites with strong technical skills. This is an immediate need and will be filled quickly!
Local candidates only please - Relocation is not able to be considered for this position.
Payroll Specialist Reponsibilities:
- Ensure the accurate, timely processing and recording of time and pay for multi-site payroll while meeting critical deadlines.
- Administer process for ensuring completion of manager approvals of timecards including any time corrections prior to payroll deadline.
- Process various payroll related employee deductions, changes, garnishments, witholdings, setting up new hire payroll data, etc.
- Perform various reviews, balancing, and reconciliation of each payroll run to ensure payroll is complete and accurate prior to submission.
- Research and analyze payroll data to provide resolution for payroll inquiries from employees and/or managers while maintaining positive relationships.
- Maintain partnership with HR to initiate, research and/or resolve tasks, questions, or issues that impact payroll.
- Generate and distribute multiple payroll reports to payroll management.
- Support payroll projects, process improvement initiatives, and other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain utmost confidentiality of sensitive information.
Experience & Skills Required
Payroll Specialist Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associates preferred
- 3+ years of payroll coordination and processing experience
- Experience using various payroll systems - Oracle, ADP, Ceridian, Kronos etc.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task with competing deadlines