Financial Reporting Manager
Cosmetics / Skin Care
- Job Level:
$95,000 - 100,000
Reporting to the NA Controller, you will be responsible for supporting the accounting and financial reporting environment in both our general ledger and consolidation systems.
- Prepare regional monthly reporting packages including the consolidation of regional plant financials for regional and corporate leadership.
- Analyzing and documenting significant account fluctuations used by management to gain business insights into the reported results.
- Driving the execution of control procedures through detailed reviews of legal entity operating results, significant and unusual transactions, significant accruals, close procedures and a variety of other transactions as necessary.
- Support annual external audit of consolidated financial statements and serving as the company’s primary contact on technical issues pertaining to the North America regional results.
- Evaluate new technical accounting developments and recommend appropriate actions.
- Document and account for significant accounting estimates.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly financial “flash” reports (Actual vs. Budget) presented to regional department leaders (e.g., Human Resources, Information Technology).
- Assisting in the design, modification, implementation, and/or maintenance of accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- Manage internal controls over financial reporting (update flow charts and be the point person for control findings and identify remediation).
Bachelor's Degree, Accounting or Finance
Experience & Skills Required
- 5-7 years of progressive accounting or finance experience.
- Manufacturing/plant experience required.
- Advanced excel skills required.
- Extensive working experience in general ledger and financial statements.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Solid understanding of cultural differences in a complex global organization.
- Able to work independently and manage from a distance.
- Prior private equity portfolio company experience desirable.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product.
MBA and/or CPA preferred