New York, NY
- Job Level:
$16.00 - $17.00/hr
Prestigious legal services provider, has multiple openings for experienced Custodians for long-term roles. The applicant must have extensive floor care cleaning experience, mopping and buffing. In this position the Custodial Assistant will perform work of ordinary difficulty in cleaning within client’s office space in DOWNTOWN Manhattan and immediate grounds.
- Sweeps, mops, and buffs office floors, toilets, corridors, lobbies and other assigned areas.
- Restrooms and facilities cleaning and sanitizing; replenish bathroom supplies.
- Scrubs floors with an electric machine; waxes and polishes floors; hand scrubs stairs and stair landings.
- Empties waste baskets and disposes of refuse and recycles;
- Vacuums rugs and carpets.
- Dusts, and removes and cleans Venetian blinds; dusts walls and furniture and polishes furniture and metal work.
- Sweeps sidewalks and removes snow from sidewalks.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required
- Prior custodian / porter experience REQUIRED;
- Floor care cleaning experience, mopping and buffing, carpet cleaning and vacuuming – utilized commercial grade equipment.
- Knowledgeable on garbage disposal and recycling
- Ability to lift heavy objects; to take direction and work well with others.
- Ability to work rotating schedules and week-ends if needed
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and vendors
- Must be reliable