Associate Quality Director
Morris Plains, NJ
Flavorings Spices / Other Ingredients
- Job Level:
The Associate Quality Director reports to the Director of Quality and interfaces cross-functionally with Regulatory, Medical & Scientific Affairs, Operations, New Product Development, and Sales. As a solutions-focused organization, we are looking for an individual with a consultative and resourceful mindset to optimize partner and customer experience.
As the Associate Quality Director, you will:
- Manage and oversee daily key Quality processes including but not limited to Product Approval, Supplier Approval, Product Release, Non-Conformances, Customer Requests, Specification Alignments, Change Control & Notifications, and Testing & Lab Management.
- Conduct and oversee product and supplier approvals in compliance with SOPs.
- Responsible for reporting and meeting Quality KPIs.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer service support.
- Manage various Quality team members by delegating, coaching, and developing those individuals.
- Support Director of Quality on Compliance Quest initiatives including the proper uploading of technical documentation by Quality team members and building of Quality processes.
- Assist and support Director of Quality on refining, developing, and implementing work instructions and SOPs.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Director of Quality.
Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, food science, biology, chemistry or related science.
Experience & Skills Required
- PCQI certified.
- 5 years Experience with US Quality regulations and managing direct reports is required.
- Knowledge of US FDA food and dietary ingredient regulations, HACCP/HARPC, manufacturing processes, and test procedures.
- High energy level; fast paced; 50(+) hour work weeks.
- Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Customer relationship management CRM software — Salesforce
- Quality management software - Compliance Quest
- Ability to learn and master new software as required