Data Visualization Analyst
Information Technology Services
- Job Level:
$100,000.00 - 120,000.00
The overarching goal for the Data Visualization Analyst is to enable efficient, collaborative, and impactful work both within the Foundation and broader community, work that is consistent with our social justice mission. The Data Management team works to achieve this through the management and configuration of the Foundation’s grants management system, Fluxx, and its associated workflows and processes. The Data Management team also strives to leverage the learnings of the Foundation by classifying, analyzing, and reporting on grant information.
This new role will help The foundation define and execute its business intelligence and data visualization needs through the development of reports, visual analytics, and dashboards, focused primarily on grant-making information. The Data Visualization Analyst will report to the Director of Grant Information Systems and partner with staff from across the Foundation including, Institutional Research, Communications, Operations, Information Technology, and program staff.
The foundation believes that the arts and humanities are where we express our complex humanity, and we believe that everyone deserves the beauty, transcendence, and freedom to be found there. Through our grants, we seek to build just communities enriched by meaning and empowered by critical thinking, where ideas and imagination can thrive. It makes grants in four core program areas (Higher Learning, Arts and Culture, Public Knowledge, and Humanities in Place).
The responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Identify internal and external data visualization and reporting needs, in collaboration with the Director, Institutional Research, Communications, and program teams.
- Fulfill data visualization and reporting needs across the Foundation through the development of intuitive, engaging, insightful, and attractive dashboards and visualizations in Power BI, or other data visualization tools. Kinds of visuals may include information on grant type, organizations, program strategies, grant activities and subjects, grantee locations and activity settings, as well as, grant products or outcomes.
- Prepare data visualizations and summarize key takeaways for presentations and reports, including grant-making visuals presented to the Board and data visualizations for external sources.
Experience & Skills Required
The successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in data science, statistics, or a related field, Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience in a research and data visualization environment.
- Expertise building and creating engaging and effective dashboards and data visualizations with common visualization tools such as Power BI and Tableau.
Tableau, Power BI or any other Certifications for Data Visualization tools
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, and excellent working conditions