- Job Level:
Our client is hiring for a Pricing Specialist in Paramus, New Jersey. This position is responsible for maintaining understanding of our client base so they can effectively help to grow our market share. They will qualify sales leads and help to grow our customer base. The position will also partner with outside sales and work with pricing to provide quotes to customer upon request. Develop, maintain and help grow relationship with customers.
As the Pricing Specialist, you will:
- Provide volume reports as needed
- Communicate with the pricing department on customer volume forecasting to help ensure best possible rates and solution is in place
- Partner with Field Sales Representative to grow customer profile
- Process email communication and ensure timely response on commercial related inquiries
- Research and identify market opportunities
- Qualify Sales leads
- Develop quality presentations, gather competitive intelligence on customer preferences in advance of sales calls
- Cross train in other departments
- Assist other departments such as pricing, operations and projects, as needed
Experience & Skills Required
- High School Diploma required or Bachelor Degree (preferred)
- Transportation industry experience a major+
- The ability to establish priorities and organize time effectively.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Build and maintain a professional relationship, demeanour and etiquette always (tone, approach, importance and sensitivity) with internal / external customers via phone or email.
- Working knowledge of commercial and financial jargon of international trade.
- Proven computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrate an ability to work under pressure, work with urgency.
- The ability to actively determine client needs & accommodate them efficiently.
- Ability to problem solve and or find alternate solutions to customer issues.
- Ability to multitask effectively, work well with others and is culturally sensitive.