In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring continuity of IT services of employees by providing the technical expertise, assistance, and project coordination necessary to deploy, configure and support enterprise applications, networks, computer hardware/software, phones, and AV. You will work with all levels in the organization including, but not limited to, the senior leadership team, scientists, technology vendors and partners, and end-users (onsite and remote employees).
As the IT Support Specialist, you will:
- Manage and monitor day-to-day delivery of high-quality IT service and support to internal and external stakeholders, ensuring compliance with relevant standards and agreed to SLAs in collaboration with MSP
- Provide T2-3 solid technical support for desktop/laptop/application issues
- Responsible for solving complex problems and drive them to completion using internal resources or vendors as needed
- Provide application support and project management for all in-development systems as assigned
- Drive continuous improvement of our user support capabilities in collaboration with MSP as the organization continues to grow and accelerate
- Develop strong working knowledge of production applications, processes, SOP’s
- Support BSL-2 level labs, devices, scientific software
- Manage, establish positive working relationships, coordinate resources with external stakeholders and vendors, MSP
- Build positive working relationship with internal stakeholders, customers
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in IT and make recommendations as it pertains to your position.
Experience & Skills Required
- 3-6 years IT support experience
- Experience in Biotech/Pharma highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Biotech research and fiscal regulatory environments highly desirable.
- Demonstrate technical leadership, innovation, and creative solutions to business challenges.
- Hardware: desktops, laptops, printers, tablets, desk phones, smartphones, other computer peripherals, network switches, access points
- Operating Systems: Windows Windows10, OSX, iOS, Android
- MS Office 365, MS Visio, MS Project, Adobe Creative Suite, Desktop conferencing (Teams, Zoom, etc…), various scientific applications
- Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange 365, SharePoint 365, SaaS platforms, Egnyte, SmartSheet
- AWS, Lambda cloud experience a plus
- Audio Visual systems, Zoom rooms, TV, Sound systems, Microphones, PTZ Cameras, Crestron.
- IP based, Teams integrated enterprise phone systems
- Technically proficient with basic networking concepts and corporate network devices: firewalls, switches, wireless routers/access points, VLAN’s etc.