Publishing Administrative Assistant
New York, NY
- Job Level:
International Publishing company located in NYC is currently seeking a temp 3 days per week to support the Foreign and Domestic Rights teams. The temp would perform administrative duties pertaining to all aspects of the Rights Department’s role in the Global Publishing Program, in the licensing of bookclub, serial, audio and large print rights in the domestic market and in the licensing of UK and translation rights to third parties overseas.
- Responding to film and translation rights queries from both in-house personnel and outside parties
- Mailings to foreign subagents and other shipments as required
- Assistance in scanning, logging and filing of subsidiary rights contracts for archiving.
Experience & Skills Required
- 4-year college degree
- 2+ years work experience in a similar role
- Organized, detail oriented, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in publishing or subsidiary rights preferred but not required.
- An interest in international publishing and licensing preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Power Point, and Adobe Acrobat.