Director Of Marketing And Business ...
- Job Level:
The Director of Marketing and Business Planning is key support and strategic planning role that is a function of the Global Sales & Marketing team. This role provides business analytics, financial investment modeling, business planning, customer marketing support materials, and acts as a liaison for all advertising and public relations activities. In addition, this role is a core marketing position which is used as the primary communication platform to inform the development of corporate marketing strategies and guide the measurement of progress (KPI’s) for meeting corporate goals.
- Develop and provide strategic analysis for enhancing current products and the creation of new revenue streams.
- Perform investment analysis and develop investment models to ensure new business opportunities are meeting investment hurdle rates and are aligned with strategic corporate goals.
- Develop and manage business data analysis to support corporate tactical activities and strategic initiatives.
- Develop, create, and manage all marketing materials including customer meeting presentations, dry and refrigerated container market updates, trend analysis presentations, and product support materials. Develop marketing reports and directional communication to the field sales team to ensure that marketing activities are meeting corporate needs and requirements.
- Manage the Sales Force activities and develop new processes to further streamline the sales process. Develop, manage, and generate monthly KPI reports that monitor corporate financial and marketing goals to ensure effective management of marketing activities.
- Define and lead implementation of global marketing strategies to drive revenue growth of new and existing customers. Developing supporting materials to facilitate this task is a key element of the deliverable for this area of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain financial models for purposes of evaluating investment returns on all deals. Develop and maintain the investment pipeline reporting and perform detailed deal analysis to support management investment decisions.
- Manage assigned product/business development process and maximize net revenues by providing support and materials that meet or exceed corporate financial targets.
- Establish marketing strategies that create new revenue streams through the identification of customer needs, lease patterns, global market trends and drivers, and competitor positioning.
- Support assessing container product and marketing productivity by developing reports and or data analysis for customer deal tracking, such as expiring leases, depot inventory reports, monthly leaseout forecasts, and lease quotation status reports.
- Coordinate with sales representatives in the field to compile monthly updates for production schedules, open bookings, expiring leases, and other information as needed for management reporting.
- Interact with corporate business personnel to obtain and validate data and verify reporting and modeling methodologies. .
- Evaluate and assess leasing, shipping, and container supply-demand production trends and communicate results in a timely manner to enable the Company to respond in advance of such trends. Support Senior Managements with ad hoc reports and presentations.
Bachelor’s Degree a must, concentration in Finance/Marketing preferred, MBA Degree a plus
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree a must, concentration in Finance/Marketing preferred, MBA Degree a plus
- Container Leasing Industry Experience preferred
- 5-7+ years of experience
- Advanced computer skills w/ Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook required Experience in Salesforce.com and Hyperion preferred.
- Advanced financial analysis and data analytics skills to support daily task requirements
- Requires candidate to be a self-starter with the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and adapt to continually changing workflow. Must be able to work independently.
- Strong organizational, coordination, and follow-up skills along with the ability to prioritize workflow and work independently.
- Must be a Team player who has strong analytical skills, detail-oriented.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and written effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to develop and undertake additional responsibilities, as assigned.
- The candidate must be a team player with good analytical and communication skills capable of taking system information and formulating reports that clearly communicates direction/updates to the senior leadership and the marketing teams.
- This individual must be proactive and self-directed to create, develop and communicate marketing focus areas and initiatives that are essential to meeting corporate goals.
- Key skills that this candidate will have to be successful will include being creative and innovative coupled with developing customer marketing materials and market analysis reporting.