East Rutherford, NJ
- Job Level:
Our client is hiring for a Batch Maker in East Rutherford, New Jersey. In this role, you will produce finished products for inventory and customer orders, process sample requests and assist warehouse with daily activities, and produce finished products following formula and procedure.
Industry: Chemical Manufacturing
As the Batch Maker, you will:
- Assure raw material availability prior to starting production.
- Submit production reports to other departments on a timely basis.
- Label all finished products.
- Keep the production area clean and organized.
- Maintain equipment clean to ensure performance.
- Process sample orders
- Work closely with technical department to assure the accuracy of the samples being processed.
- Ship samples within order specification
- Maintain appropriate sample supply.
- Assist warehouse with the processing of customer orders.
- Assist in transferring materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Repackage material based on needs.
- Receive inventory and completes appropriate receiving reports.
- Keep warehouse and production areas clean and organized.
Experience & Skills Required
Experience & Skills:
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions.
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Follows instructions, responds to management directions; keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills:
- Internet software and Word Processing software.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Able to drive a forklift.