Scientific / Technical Instruments
- Job Level:
Our client is hiring for an Assembly Technician for a temporary role in Piscataway, NJ. In this role, you will be responsible for cleaning and assembling high-precision optical and mechanical components such as spectrometers, diffraction gratings, miniaturized motor assembly, ESD sensitive opto-sensors(CCD and PDA...) and electronics boards following work instructions.
Industry: Scientific/Technical Instruments
Your day-to-day as the Assembly Technician will include:
- Use of epoxy resins, glues and small machines. Packaging, Handling of fragile parts
- Precise Optical alignments as part of manufacturing of spectrometers
- Optimizations and testing with automated software and test equipment.
- Use of PC, Excel and customer Software to record traceability and performance( Pass/Fail criteria)
Experience & Skills Required
Experience & Skills:
- Able to work in team environment.
- Must be able to perform fine optical alignments.
- Attention to details required.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and follow written procedures/work instructions.
- Must adhere to strict ESD and cleanroom policies.
- Skillful in optical alignment and good background in electronics and small parts handling.
- Ability to read CAD drawings and identify parts using Bill of material to perform mechanical assembly of electro mechanical optical sub-assemblies and devices.