Environmental Services / Equipment
- Job Level:
$14.00/hr - $15.00/hr
Our client, an environmental laboratory providing testing services for municipal, commercial and residental customers is in need of a Laboratory Technician. This is a great entry level opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to gain hands-on extraction experience. This position is located in Valhalla, New York and pays between $14-$15/hour.
As the Laboratory Technician, you will:
- Perform Liquid/Liquid Extraction with 1-L Separatory Funnels.
- Have nowledge of Soxhlet Extraction would be a plus, but willing and open to training.
- Maintain detailed records of extraction procedure history.
- Perform organic solid phase extractions using cartridges
- Follow general lab practices of using an analytical balance, using pipettes and volumetric glassware, general lab safety with regards to using organic solvents.
BS candidate with studies in the area Environmental Sciences, Biology or Chemistry
Experience & Skills Required
Experience & Skills:
- Prior experience with above described duties
- Prior hands on laboratory experience with basic organic extraction experience
- Safe chemical handling, ability to safely employ chemical handling techniques, follow established protocol and waste management procedures