Senior Financial Analyst
Jersey City, NJ
- Job Level:
Position with high visibility in the U.S. division of a major container port operator with facilities in New York/New Jersey and Vancouver. Position is a direct report to the Vice President –Finance & Accounting-U.S. and dotted line to Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis.
Container Port Operator
- The FP&A group is responsible for developing the company’s annual U.S. operating budget, periodic forecasts and multi-year financial plans for adoption and approval by its Board of Directors.
- The FP&A group is responsible for the reporting activity regarding the company’s weekly and monthly financial and operating performance.
- The FP&A group provides a critical link between the company’s operational team and its financial team.
- Significant role in supporting the group’s primary functions and activities, including but not limited to those described above.
- Identify and implement new and improved processes with respect to recurring tasks and activities.
- Support and implement other analytical processes and procedures to improve efficiencies across all of the company’s finance and accounting functions.
- Minimum qualification of a Bachelor level degree, from a highly regarded institution, in Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related field of study.
- Master’s degree a plus, but not required.
Experience & Skills Required
- Evidence of extra-curricular activities supporting leadership, professional, or personal development.
- 5+ years of experience in a related position in a mid-large size company in a related industry.
- Demonstrated capability using modern financial analysis methods to analyze and complete complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex financial models and create pro forma financial statements.
- Demonstrated ability to assist the development of briefing materials and presentations for senior level executives or Board of Directors.
- Experience with strategic projects, mergers, or similar transactions.
- Demonstrated experience with projects involving third-party consultants, auditors, customers, or vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to author PowerPoint or like presentation materials.
- A demonstrated history of independently seeking and accepting additional responsibilities.
- A history of initiating solutions and taking on additional tasks in a team environment.
- A history of creating and implementing operational and financial budgets and projections.
- A history of fostering financial solutions with regard to operational components of a company’s activities.
- A history of managing inter-departmental relationships across a company’s functional activities.A self-starter capable of working independently and delivering sound and reasonable solutions to modern corporate finance problems and issues.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks.
- A natural leader, evidenced by recognition among peers and superiors in professional, educational, or personal activities.
- Mature and comfortable presenting projects and analyses before senior executives.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to produce written summaries and narratives of complex operating and financial scenarios.
- Highly developed skills regarding Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience with widely used budget and forecasting software.