Software Development Manager
New York, NY
Hedge Fund Management
- Job Level:
$175,000.00 - 180,000.00
Our client is hiring for a full-time Software Development Manager to work in New York, New York. In this role, you will manage the design, development, maintenance, and support of our next-generation investment tax compliance technology. This is a role with significant growth potential within a fast-paced development environment where you will be able to learn new technologies such as AI, Machine Learning, NLP, and Big Data.
This company offers highly competitive compensation, a performance-based bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement program, and much more.
Our client is the world’s larges hedge fund and private equity administrator, as well as the largest mutual fund transfer agency. Their unique business model combines end-to-end expertise across financial services operations with software and solutions to service even the most demanding customers in the financial services and healthcare industries. They own and operate the full technology stack across securities accounting, front-to-back office operations, performance and risk analytics, regulatory reporting, and healthcare information processes.
As the Software Development Manager, you will:
- Manage a group that will create a new Tax Vision platform to enhance analysis and reporting for customers and regulatory entities.
- Manage a group of 4 developers and collaborate with various groups within the organization.
- Have the ability to self-direct your learning and the growth of your team in pursuit of state-of-the-art solutions for this innovative project.
- Accept responsibility and personal accountability.
- Highly logical, proactive, and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently or as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate flexibility, reliability, and adaptability in approach to work.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork and working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Demonstrate a self-directed approach to learning new technologies in the field; pursue professional development.
- Take personal ownership (going beyond assigned tasks to make the project better, identifies and reports issues, demonstrates strong concern for client and initiatives).
Education: Bachelors, Master's preferred
Experience & Skills Required
Experience & Skills:
- Software Development within a Hedge Fund prior experience a must! This is not a remote role. You need to be able to come to the office in NY (Midtown) as needed.
- Parallel processing, server farm
- C#, Java, Python, MongoDB
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of software and hardware logical and physical deployment options and related security and performance concerns and solutions.
- OO design patterns.
- Experience in a software development environment with high-quality assurance standards.
- Experience working with tax technology (e.g., book-to-tax, allocations, fees, reports, push of data to/from CCH Axcess, and delivery of reporting to clients and their investors) from provided business specifications
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.