Our client is hiring for a full-time Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator in New City, New York. In this role, you will be responsible for activities in support of environmental health and safety initiatives, new employee safety orientation training; ensuring effective and efficient compliance with local, state and federal regulation agencies, managing facility safety process to protect employees, company, the environment, and provide a safe and healthy work place.
Reporting to: Facilities Manager & Operations VP
- Weekly direct deposit
- Referral bonus program
- 24/7 support before, during and after your assignment
- Additional benefits available once qualified
As the Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator, you will:
- Continually improve, evaluate, implement and maintain health, safety, environment policies and procedures to protect employees and comply with company, state and local regulations.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and conduct safety orientation training, Identify, further develop and deliver training programs in a manner that raises employee’s awareness and enables employees and supervisors to work safely.
- Maintain relevant EHS logs and documents including OSHA Log and Internal TIR (Injury report)
- Develop and administer plant safety and environmental initiatives and lead continuous improvement efforts in those areas, utilizing effective communication skills (verbal and written). Ensures daily, weekly, monthly and annual inspections and audits are completed as necessary to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Enforce compliance of regulatory requirements (OSHA, EPA, etc.) including internal company EHS policies and procedures.
- Oversee hazardous waste storage, waste reduction, monitoring and ensure regulatory agency compliance, labeling containments, proper disposal and documentation.
- Require all new materials and supply orders to include Safety Data Sheets (SDS) to evaluate new chemical materials for the use in facilities considers safety and regulatory factors.
- Conduct regular unannounced walk through of work areas and talk to personnel to identify their concerns. Communicate safety and health issues to the workers in a manner to help them understand why they are important and addressing them is for their benefit.
- Coordinate first aid, CPR training. Assist in emergency response and provide first aid guidance.
- Manage facility workplace incident investigations, including responding to and reporting all incidents, incident investigation, determine root cause, establish recurrence prevention plans, and follow through. Recognize and reward input from employees that improve safety and health in the workplace.
- Develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Coordinate and work closely with health and safety committee.
- Schedule meetings.
- Create agenda and lead meeting discussions.
- Communicate safety concerns and issues to upper management for continuous improvement.
- Perform technical writing, SOP creation and documentation control as required by quality VP.
- Keep updated of safety and environmental regulations changes that affect the organization.