Electronic Component Distribution / Support
- Job Level:
Our client is hiring for a full-time General Manager in Ramsey, New Jersey. In this role, you will be expected to manage business activities and implement effective business strategies and programs. You will also direct and coordinate activities of multiple departments such as, Engineering, Operations, Quality and Internal Sales. This position will assist management in formulating and administering the organizations policies and objectives by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
- Electronic Components-defence contractor
As the General Manager, you will:
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies, directing and coordinating all Divisional department activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Confer with management personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives, resulting from current status and conditions.
- Develop, review, update and implement business strategic planning including new product development, operational and financial performance.
- Oversee Manufacturing and Engineering departments to review production and operating reports and resolve operational, manufacturing, and facility issues to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and to meet growth.
- Oversee key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Review and support Engineering and Sales departments and provide cost reduction, safety, customer requirements and marketing growth.
- Review operations and plan to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain manufacturing or outsourcing requirements to develop new markets.
- Manage and direct staff in Production/Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Shipping.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or related field
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience as a General Manager or similar executive role.
- Prior Engineering or Production Management experience required in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the electronics industry.
- Prior experience in military/Department of Defense industries, highly preferred
- ISO 9001 experience and a good quality background required
- Experience planning, budgeting and profit/loss responsibility.
- Knowledge of business process and functions (Finance, Procurement, Operations, etc.)
- Strong leadership qualities and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Problem-solving aptitude.