Our client is hiring for an IT Support Specialist in Boston, MA. In this role, you will be responsible for day-to-day operations, ensuring continuity of IT services of employees by providing the technical expertise, assistance, and project coordination necessary to deploy, configure and support enterprise applications, networks, computer hardware/software, phones, AV.
This is a contract position offering between $30-$40/hour, depending on experience.
- Weekly direct deposit
- Referral bonus program
- 24/7 support before, during and after your assignment
- Additional benefits available once qualified
As the IT Support Specialist, you will:
- Manage and monitor day-to-day delivery of high-quality IT service and support to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide T2-3 solid technical support for desktop/laptop/application issues
- Be responsible for solving complex problems and drive them to completion using internal resources or vendors as needed
- Provide application support and project management for all in-development systems as assigned
- Develop strong working knowledge of production applications, processes, SOP’s
- Support BSL-2 level labs, devices, scientific software
- Manage, establish positive working relationships, coordinate resources with external stakeholders and vendors
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in IT and make recommendations as it pertains to your position.
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3-6 years IT support experience. Experience in Biotech/Pharma is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Biotech research and fiscal, regulatory environments is highly desirable.
- Hardware: desktops, laptops, printers, tablets, desk phones, smartphones, other computer peripherals, network switches, access points
- Operating Systems: Windows Windows10, OSX, iOS, Android
- MS Office 365, MS Visio, MS Project, Adobe Creative Suite, Desktop conferencing (Teams, Zoom, etc…), various scientific applications
- Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange 365, SharePoint 365, SaaS platforms, Egnyte, SmartSheet
- AWS, Lambda cloud experience a plus
- Audio Visual systems, Zoom rooms, TV, Sound systems, Microphones, PTZ Cameras, Crestron.
- IP based, Teams integrated enterprise phone systems
- Technically proficient with basic networking concepts and corporate network devices: firewalls, switches, wireless routers/access points, VLAN’s etc.
- Experience with instrument based and non-instrument based scientific/research software is a plus