Senior Tax Accountant - Hybrid
New York, NY
- Job Level:
$100,000 - $120,000
Our client, a well known Luxury goods company, is immediately hiring for a Senior Tax Accountant to be an integral part of their US Tax department. You will be responsible for the preparation of the tax provision calculations for budgets, quarterly, and year end tax provisions. The position also requires experience in both the Federal and State compliance function and review of Federal and State tax returns, liaising with service providers and the underlying US brands.
This is a Hybrid role with Flexibility, a generous PTO program, bonus and a flexible supportive team environment. The annualy salary is between $100,000-$120,000 annually, depending on experience.
As the Senior Tax Accountant, you will:
- Prepare the Budget, Quarterly, and Year End tax provision calculations for all US brands.
- Perform state income tax payable account reconciliations.
- Perform overall tax provision analysis and reconciliation of effective tax rates.
- Perform deferred tax asset and liability reconciliations.
- Review US tax compliance filings for both Federal and State returns – prepared by 3rd party.
- Prepare extensions and quarterly estimates.
- Assist in the analysis of provision to return calculation.
- Prepare US brand and group cash tax projections and tax sharing payment documents.
- Assist with the automation and process improvement of the tax processes.
- Assist with the implementation of new compliance & reporting requirements and/or regulations such as Tax Reform and state tax law changes.
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Master’s a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in public accounting.
- CPA a plus.
- Onesource OIT, Dataflow, OSA experience a plus.
- Technical knowledge of Federal & State tax laws & regulations.
- Detail focus and ability to work flexibly, both independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment in order to meet changing business priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with business managers and develop relationships with senior management and staff members within all departments.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage confidential information.