Our client is hiring for a HR Assistant in Brooklyn, New York. In this role, you will provide support to the applicable Human Resources supervisor with an emphasis on the on-boarding process. You will also be responsible for responding to basic employee questions and inquiries; prepare appropriate basic documentation and process accompanying paperwork. The Human Resources Assistant works under the immediate supervision of the applicable Human Resources supervisor. This position offers between $20-$24/hour, depending on experience.
- Weekly direct deposit
- Referral bonus program
- 24/7 support before, during and after your assignment
- Additional benefits available once qualified
As the HR Assistant, you will:
- Be responsible for the overall new hire on-boarding process (meeting candidates, collecting paperwork and processing required clearances).
- Process fingerprints, State Central Registry (SCR) and validate I-9 documentation.
- Obtain required clearances for all prospective new hires.
- Prepare appropriate basic documentation and processes accompanying paperwork.
- Be responsible for monthly new hire reporting, terminations and professional license updates
- Review resumes, prescreen candidates and facilitate program interviews as requested.
- Maintain electronic new hire tracking system.
- Generate employment letters as needed.
- Enter all new hires into ADP-Enterprise, generate employment notices to Payroll and forward all new hire files to Human Resources Brooklyn office for filing.
- Process employee data changes into the HRIS system and generate accompanying paperwork to Payroll.
- Manage employee programs including: Tuition Reimbursement and Child Care Subsidy.
- Assist in maintaining HR records and files.
- Assist with review and preparation for annual audits.
- Administer employee benefit plans with all current vendors (AETNA, disability, life insurance, tax-deferred annuity plan, flexible spending, pensions, College Savings plan, COBRA, etc.).
- Administer open enrollment periods for medical, dental and various other benefits.
- Work with the Human Resources team regarding work-related injuries (take written reports from employees and Medical staff for injured employees for workers' compensation).
- Assist with processing workers' compensation claims to ensure maintenance of files and reports.
- Be responsible for responding to basic employee questions and inquiries about employee benefit programs and Human Resources policies.
- Assist in other departmental and organizational projects as needed and as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required
- 1+ years experience in a similiar Human Resources support role
- Proficient computer skills (particularly Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Professional communication and excellent organizational skills.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multitask and adapts quickly to new tasks