Compliance Specialist - Non Profit
- Job Level:
$35.00 - $45.00/hr
Our client is hiring for a Compliance Specialist for non-profit organization located in Hawthorne, New York. This is a Contract role where you will support the oversight and management of the organization’s regulatory compliance activities, including performing audits, investigations and risk assessments to understand risk level, significance and scope. You will also keep up to date with, and understand, relevant laws and regulations. This position offers between $35-$40/hour, depending on experience.
- Weekly direct deposit
- Referral bonus program
- 24/7 support before, during and after your assignment
- Additional benefits available once qualified
As the Compliance Specialist, you will:
- Contribute to the annual risk assessment and work plan, ensuring the gathering and provision of regulatory compliance related information.
- Conduct regular chart reviews of Medicaid billing programs to monitor compliance with regulations
- Compose and revise high level policy and procedures for ALL agency programs/departments
- Support the regular development and review of Compliance policies and procedures for the general operation of the Plan’s compliance program
- Contribute quality and timely data for both the internal Compliance Committee meetings and the Audit and Compliance Subcommittee of the Board of Directors.
- Synthesize regulatory guidance into Compliance activities and track related due dates and provide support to the business areas completing deliverables.
- Possess knowledge of government regulations, guidelines and agency policies and procedures applicable to program.
- Assist with the management of client records request by performing supportive tasks
- Conduct root cause analysis and submit corrective action plans, with guidance on methodology and identification of relevant regulatory requirements to programs.
- Play a critical role in driving the progress for corrective actions throughout the organization.
- Assist in the development and facilitation of compliance related trainings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Business Administration, or Human Services Field
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of three years of experience working in a non-profit
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent writing, assessment, planning and analytical skills
- Knowledge of ACS, OCFS, OMH, DOHMH regulations is preferred
- Strong data background and experience conducting audit reviews
- Excellent data analysis skills and commitment to serving children and families required.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and data management; be a self-starter who is highly organized