Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Job Level:
Our client is hiring for an Accounts Receivable Specialist in Elizabeth, New Jersey. In this role, you will support accounting operations by processing invoicing paperwork and recording cash receipts. This role ensures that the process is accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed to account for the receipt of payment for goods shipped by the company.
- Weekly direct deposit
- Referral bonus program
- 24/7 support before, during and after your assignment
- Additional benefits available once qualified
As the Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will:
- Process daily invoices for current day workflow.
- Work closely with Sales and Processing departments to address accounts receivable issues.
- Make deposits, process adjustments, and reconcile customer accounts
- Record all forms of daily cash receipts (check, wire/ACH, electronic payments)
- Initiate collections on past due customer accounts.
- Assist in month-end and year-end closings.
- Produce and distribute Monthly Statements.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments/ credits are accounted for and properly posted.
- Summarize receivables and prepare reports to be provided to management
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Experience & Skills Required
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration. .
- A positive attitude and able to work independently as well with others in a small office environment
- The ability to learn quickly, be self-motivated and stay on task, willing to learn and adapt to new job functions
- Proficient in Microsoft word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management skills
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines causes greater than normal department pressures
- Previous experience working in Accounts Receivable
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills