- Job Level:
$30.00/hr - $45.00/hr
Our client, a hospital located in Poughkeepsie, NY is hiring for an experienced Accountant. Hours are 8:30a – 5:30p Monday through Friday.
- Weekly direct deposit
- Referral bonus program
- 24/7 support before, during and after your assignment
- Additional benefits available once qualified
As the Accountant, you will:
- Direct, verify, approve and/or prepare journal entries for the general ledger.
- Direct, approve and/or prepare accurate monthly work papers as required for accurate reporting during the year and for the completion of all audits performed by outside agencies.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of work papers and ability to answer all questions that arise regarding the data.
- Identify & develop opportunities to improve the process that will give management needed financial information quickly and accurately.
- Participate in the daily cash process and supervise and/or prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Respond timely to Accounts Payable, Payroll and Department Managers, regarding problems and /or questions relating to the financial results.
- Review and/or prepare various reports as requested by the Executive VP of Finance, VP of Finance, and Controller.
- Perform all other duties as directed
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrate proficiency in PC operations and Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. PC terminal, Software Packages (Excel) and other software (Microsoft Word, etc.).
- Allscripts accounting products (Fiscal Management, Supply Chain Management, and ERP Report Solutions) preferred