- Job Level:
Our client is hiring for an Analytical Chemist in Rahway, New Jersey. This is a temporary job where you will safely and effectively coordinate the activities in the QC Lab under direction from the Lab manager. These activities cover safe laboratory practices, staff training, QC testing, lab procedures and the use of LIMS. The testing covers raw materials, in process samples and final products and is done in a timely way. This ensures materials are approved by QA when needed and results are properly communicated, along with any issues. All work is done within the ISO 9000 and cGMP framework and procedures.
- Weekly direct deposit
- Referral bonus program
- 24/7 support before, during and after your assignment
- Additional benefits available once qualified
As the Analytical Chemist, you will:
- Safely conduct analytical testing by following SOP’s, AOCS, USP/NF or other official methods on samples using all instruments in the QC Lab. This will involve physical, chemical and organoleptic methods, so all testing is to be done in a timely manner and accurately reported in LIMS.
- Supervise and train the QC technicians to work safely, to be able to use all the lab equipment, LIMS and other systems so that the lab reports results in a timely way.
- Inspect materials in the Repack staging areas as a review and release to allow operators to carry out Repack activities. Inspect and verify materials in the warehouse, as needed, to investigate discrepancies.
- Have hands on GC instrument operation, empower software quantitation and calibration for volatile chemicals. Maintain and troubleshoot the lab instruments (and keep up the logbooks) so they are always functional and allow the instruments to work well between PM visits by the original manufacturer and ensure they deliver quality results.
- Ensure the lab equipment is always within calibration and good record keeping of this is maintained so results are always validated. New instruments are to be validated before use so that they meet cGMP and FDA requirements.
- Investigate, or help to investigate, any Out of Specification (OOS) results obtained in the QC lab, as well as assist with customer complaint investigations, so that anomalies are corrected. As required the FDA OOS procedure will be followed to meet the standard for regulated products.
- Order supplies and maintain inventory of all needed chemicals, consumables or parts to ensure readiness for timely sample preparation and testing. Prepare stock lab solutions if they are not commercially available. Keep records of the COAs and documentation which arrive with supplies, so records are maintained.
- Maintain good safe housekeeping, contribute to overall cleaning, glassware washing and organization as well as maintaining retains and their proper storage, so the lab functions well.
- Must have a minimum of an Associate's Degree in science or Bachelor’s in chemistry and a minimum of three years lab experience
Experience & Skills Required
- Must be able to distinguish colors and olfactory results to given standard.
- Must have two years of experience using Analytical Instruments such as HPLC and GC as well as wet chemistry techniques.
- Computer competence to include email, MS Office, also internal databases, operating system (Epicor) and LIMS.
- Must clearly communicate needs and results both in writing and verbally among the quality and operations team in Linden.
- Must have good organizational and record keeping skills, ability to make decisions based on results and prioritize lab needs and daily work.
- Must be flexible to work other shifts and be able to work overtime if needed.
- Desirable Advanced degree AOCS or USP/NF Testing experience LIMS experience cGMP and ISO 9000 lab experience