IT Desktop Support
New York, NY
- Job Level:
$35.00 - 40.00
Our client is hiring for an IT Desktop Support Technician in New York, New York capable of assuming a wide range of responsibilities in the Information Technology department for a company-wide HelpDesk and Desktop support for employees and clients of the Foundation. You must be able to work in Midtown Manhattan and be fully vaccinated for COVID 19.
This is an option-to-hire position offering between $35-$40/hour, depending on experience.
- Weekly direct deposit
- Referral bonus program
- 24/7 support before, during and after your assignment
- Additional benefits available once qualified
As the IT Desktop Support Technician, you will:
- Triage, assign, and act on open service tickets
- Work in collaboration with the Foundation’s current IT outsource provider, other Foundation staff, consultants, and/or service firms to resolve customer affecting technical issues in a timely fashion in order to achieve maximum customer satisfaction.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain an extensive variety of software, services, products, and equipment.
- Train staff to identify analyze, and repair product failures and order/replace parts as needed.
- Determine and recommend which products or services best fit the staff’s needs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Foundation’s ticketing system, field technology, infrastructure, related vendors and support services.
- Perform IT hardware, software and/or services installations, repairs and configuration as needed.
- Provide all support necessary to close service events promptly, within the SLO and to the satisfaction of the staff.
- Protect and advise on the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all the Foundation’s information technology.
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested by the Director of IT.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or certifications in areas of specialty such as Microsoft, CompTIA A+/Network+/Security+, Cisco.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in the information technology field working with enterprise-level technology infrastructure.
- Experience in the following systems, applications and network hardware required: Microsoft technologies including Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office Suite, Active Directory.
- Familiarity with a variety of information systems concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrated technical skills in client/server environments (Microsoft email services, internet services, and remote system management.
- Experience with the following technologies also desired: TCP/IP, firewall and systems security, data backup software distribution.