Capital Project Administrator
Rail Infrastructure Management Services
- Job Level:
Reviews and recommends approval of project budgets, purchase and check requisitions. This includes fund verification through FTA budget revisions narratives and/or requesting DOT fund changes and details as to how project data is to be entered into the Capital Project Accounting System (CPAS). Also, responsible for receipting of departmental invoices to allow timely payment to vendors.
Rail Infrastructure Management
- Provides day-to-day counsel to project managers on all internal/external funding aspects that may affect the project. Works with project managers to develop justification required for certain budget revisions.
- Uses knowledge of individual projects scopes, schedules and cash flow projections to scrutinize projects from funding agencies perspective. Assures identification, correction and/or prevention of situations which would jeopardize project funding or overall relationship with funding partners. Provides early warning of budget overruns and allows corrective action.
- Reviews, edits and updates quarterly reports. Contributes to state status reports and other routine or specialized reports, and prepares for funding agency review meetings
- Performs functions during grant closeout process by checking compatibility between budgets, costs and grant award, and corrects irregularities. Provides documentation and requests invoices on an as-needed basis to draw down funding.
- Responsible for login, processing, documenting Cash Flow and reporting to senior management on status of these elements. Identification of FUTRM need and coordinate/process with appropriate documentation.
- Assists Manager, Project Administration Capital and Financial Control and Reconciliation in tracking funds management and administration of all grants received annually from the federal and state governments.
- Routes grant agreements to all internal involved parties for their review and sign-off. Assembles and addresses various department concerns for the Manager’s review prior to execution.
- Coordinates the submittal of executed grants, extensions and modifications to grants to the CP&As Grant Compliance unit and Finance.
- Represents Manager at meetings when necessary.
Baccalaureate Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related area
Experience & Skills Required
- Three (3) years of progressive experience in capital project administration, grant funding preparation and administration, capital programming/budgets or any combination of the three areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with financial management systems, financial reporting, and databases desired.
- Knowledge of state/federal transportation policy desired.
- PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Access and Excel desired.