Financial Compliance Analyst
Rail Infrastructure Management Services
- Job Level:
- Working with Senior Management as well as department Project Managers, Accountants and other Financial Analysts to develop operating forecasts
- Performs analyses on select operating expenses and related statistics to ensure the integrity in the data being reported
Rail Infrastructure Management
- Assist in providing Capital Programs data for the preparation of quarterly reports
- Manages operating budget for Capital Programs and prepares forecast reports on budget
- Oversees the analytical reviews of Resilience Program financial data, systems and third party contractors to form opinions and assure compliance. Forecast project spending and provide analytical review and recommendations
- Responsible for preparing financial and/or other related work papers, including schedules, expenditures and obligations vs. approved funding. Supports Project Managers on all aspects of the capital program process and proposes alternatives to variances.
- Ensures the accuracy of data charged to funded programs through payroll, inventory, purchase orders and direct financial entries, and initiatives corrective action to validate data
- Performs special projects as directed
- Other duties as assigned
Baccalaureate degree in Auditing, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related area
Experience & Skills Required
- Three (3) years of auditing, compliance, and/or project management experience.
- One year of closely related experience can be substituted for each year of education required. Knowledge of operating policies and procedures with financial controls desired.
- Knowledge of statistical sampling and PC skills desired.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.