White Plains, NY
- Job Level:
$60000.00 - 65000.00
HumanEdge has an immediate need for an experienced Payroll Specialist. This is an onsite position based in our White Plains Corporate Office
- Gather and review time sheets weekly for entry including verifying schedules of employees and accuracy of total hours as well as resolving any discrepancies appearing on time sheets thereby minimizing errors.
- Maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data. Import or manually enter payroll hours as approved by the client each pay cycle.
- Review timecards in various VMS systems for accuracy and process changes to employee timecards. Identify, research and resolve payroll discrepancies within strict time constraints through independent analysis and evaluation, taking corrective action to avoid pay issues.
- Responsible for completion of weekly payroll processing. Working cohesively with agency personnel with regard to payroll processing
- Answers questions and assists in providing resolution to employees regarding payroll issues.
- Research, prepare and submit payroll adjustments for approval.
- This position will report and work directly with the Payroll Manager.
- Assist with employee onboarding into payroll system as well as terminations
- Assists with employee payment issues and resolves to completion; could involve communication to program management if needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management and provide support to the Accounting department
Experience & Skills Required
- Ambitious, highly motivated candidates with strong customer service skills, good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong math, spreadsheet, and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- An ability to maintain extreme confidentiality for employee and company matters
- The ability and desire to grow within the payroll profession
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Vendor Management Systems (VMS) and Management Service Providers (MSP) a plus
- Experience with Bullhorn and Business Central a plus
- Five-six years of relevant payroll experience, preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance or accounting is preferred
- Staffing Industry experience is a huge plus
- Comprehensive Medical / Dental
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO