New York, NY
- Job Level:
$80,000.00 - $85,000.00/yr plus Bonus
The Staff Accountant will prepare, analyze, and maintain Corporate financial records. Staff Accountants are responsible for executing a variety of financial procedures, including accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliations, billing, bookkeeping, and general ledger entries. ** Please note this position is a temporary to permanent role. **
- Utilize QuickBooks accounting software to enter accounting transactions, ensure transactions are recorded correctly (GAAP) and maintain accounting records/data
- Create, review, and analyze financial statements
- Inspect account books for accuracy
- Organize and update financial records
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Prepare and maintain operational procedures
- Discretionary services
- Backup to Senior Accountant for entering transactions in Quickbooks
- Send general ledger to Discretionary Operations Team
- Support for the Custody Exam
- Review expenses
- Create schedules, analysis, and filings as necessary
- Review work of Accounting Assistants/Interns
- Perform operational administrative tasks – sending out correspondences, scanning, filing, etc.
- Perform banking functions – pay and review bill payments, wire transfers, bank reconciliations
- Maintain and review supporting schedules to financial statements – Client Receivables, Other Liability Schedule, Miscellaneous Receivables, Cash Receipts, Fixed Assets and Depreciation, etc.
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience at CPA firm or within an organization’s accounting department
- Familiar with tax laws and financial reporting standards
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft 365, including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Financial reporting – ability to read and analyze financial reports
- Data management
- Ability to interpret and apply guidelines, contracts, policies, etc.