- Job Level:
The Accountant will perform all daily and monthly accounting functions for assigned areas. Functions are inclusive of journal entries and reconciliations to support the financial close. This includes participating in monthly and year-end financial closings, annual audit preparation and other special projects as requested by Accounting & Reporting management.
- Prepares monthly journal entries for month end close, including deferrals, accruals, payroll related JE’s and cash.
- Compiles and analyzes financial statements for accuracy and adjusts where necessary.
- Investigates significant P and L variances against budget and prior period balances.
- Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations for assigned accounts including prepayments, accruals, payroll liabilities, IC accounts
- Updates weekly cash positions of assigned locations
- Performs monthly reconciliation of bank statements
- Computes commissions and incentives for certain entities.
- Reconciles intercompany account balances and liaises between agencies for accurate posting.
- Reviews Inventory related transactions for accuracy in timing and values.
- Reviews AR/AP postings for accuracy and assists Supervisors with training when necessary.
- Reconcile payroll liability general ledger accounts and works closely with payroll team to investigate variances.
- Prepare analysis and reconciliations for 401k audits and annual financial statement audits.
- Assists in various finance projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Prepares ad-hoc analysis and tasks as requested.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
Experience & Skills Required
- 3-5+ years of experience (GL, financial statements, month-end close involvement, etc.)
- Proficiency in Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, formulas, data mapping)
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Excellent time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal staff and external customers.
- Comfortable with a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.