Bookkeeper / Administrative Assistant
New York, NY
- Job Level:
$22.00 - $24.00/hr
Legal Services Firm has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant who is experiences with making travel arrangements and performing accounting functions. In this position under general direction, the Administrative Assistant performs travel and expense management and travel arrangement work to assist the fiscal unit and provide other accounting support as needed to the Fiscal Unit.
**Please note this is a longterm contract role paying between $22/hr and $24/hr**
- Monitor and process online travel requests, provide travel cost estimates, and make travel arrangements for office staff and out of town witnesses.
- Monitor and process online and offline payment requests and employee reimbursement requests, and work with staff to ensure accuracy and timely completion of requests.
- Maintain expense journals for petty cash and credit card transactions and ensure that receipts and necessary approvals have been received for all transactions.
- Prepare expense bundles for review and reimbursement.
- Answer unit’s telephone calls and field specific inquiries as necessary.
- Support internal/external audits.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree preferred
Experience & Skills Required
- Experience making travel arrangements in a business office
- Strong mathematical skills a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks a plus.