Director Of Payroll
White Plains, NY
Home Health Care
- Job Level:
$130000 - 150000
The role of the Director of Field Payroll is to manage the day-to-day operations of the payroll department to include verification of worked hours, checking calculations, running the payroll process and associated reporting.
Home Health Care
- Manage daily operations of the Payroll department.
- Supervise payroll department staff.
- Participate in the selection, orientation, training and evaluation of staff.
- Insure pay rates are accurate and conform to state regulations.
- Ensure tax rates are accurate and updated timely.
- Oversee preparation of weekly payroll for field employees.
- Timely completion of the payroll process and generation of reports/files to be transmitted to ADP and bank.
- Interact with Team Liaisons as appropriate on problem resolution and implementation of new processes.
- Train new staff on internal computer systems, as applicable.
- Communicate with Office Administrators and their staff regarding payroll issues.
- Enter and track payroll rate adjustments/corrections, vacations, In Services and travel reimbursements.
- Enter garnishments, union deductions and other adjustments.
- Respond to all audit inquiries.
- Ensure all HIPAA requirements are adhered to.
- Follow all Agency policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required to be in the office 5 days a week.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting.
Experience & Skills Required
- 15 - 20 years of experience in payroll processing.
- Demonstrated expertise at the intermediate level of Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Strong problem solving capabilities.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in learning applications, portals, software and websites.
- Experience with high volume multi-state, multi-location payroll processing and tax reporting.
- Experience with “ADP Work Force Now” a plus.
- Managed staffs of at least 5 professionals.
- Knowledge of all applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulatory requirements including Department of Labor regulations.
Medical, Dental , Vision