Accounting Clerk -Bilingual Spanish
- Job Level:
$19.00 - $20.00/hr
Tax Preparers needed for 2023 tax season in Brooklyn. If you are customer service oriented, have tax preparation experience and can commit to a full-time schedule, PLEASE APPLY ASAP and someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
The Tax Preparers provide quality tax return preparation for eligible taxpayers. Using the information provided by the client, and by asking follow up questions, completes the tax return and reviews the final return with the client. To establish and ensure the greatest degree of trust, the Tax Preparers are responsible for preparing accurate tax returns and must uphold the highest ethical standards.
- Successfully learn the tax preparation software to complete tax returns and prepare returns using electronic filing software.
- Interview the client to determine that all income is reported and all allowable deductions are claimed.
- Directly prepare the client’s return, based upon the information provided by the client and the client’s answers provided on the intake form.
- Accept no payment or other compensation of any kind from the client.
- Inform/refer the client to the other services offered through the VITA site.
- Ensure that on-site quality review is performed on the return.
- Have the client sign the applicable authorization documents for electronic filing.
- Timely review all returns for tax and technical accuracy before the returns are provided to the clients or electronically transmitted.
Experience & Skills Required
- College degree preferred or some college education
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
- Tax Preparer candidates should have knowledge of personal income taxes as well as tax law knowledge.
- Must be very Customer Service oriented
- Tax Preparers must complete special training and pass the IRS Volunteer tax preparer certification exam at the Advanced level.