List of Responsibilities:
• Oversee operational issues and provide oversight to ensure the ongoing success of CTRMS.
• Responsible for the delivery of business and technical solutions. Drives and coordinates projects across phases of design, development, implementation, and support.
• Monitor the status and progress of projects and effectively communicate details to the Director.
• Handles the administration of personnel and fiscal issues and manages other related projects on behalf of the Director, as required.
• Proficient in technologies and systems utilized or supported by the team. Perform complex problem and process analysis to develop creative solutions. Provide direction to the team to ensure the solution or service meets the requirements of stakeholders.
• Develop policies and procedures and coordinate with other Assistant Directors to ensure consistency across offices of research management and to implement strategies, processes, and tools to support patient recruitment, regulatory compliance, clinical trial billing compliance, clinical trial performance and quality improvement, and operational efficiencies.
• Build and manage teams of IT professionals and managers.
o Ensure the delivery of excellent client service through effective teams and exercise direction on hiring. Implement team building policies and concepts.
o Responsible for performance management and the professional development of team members. Ensure that employees are empowered to make decisions appropriate for their level and are meeting regularly with assigned managers on work goals and career development plans.
• Oversee the response to requests for proposals from stakeholders. Respond to client inquiries when management involvement is required. Determine the necessary resource level and expand the team as needed.
• Monitor industry standards and trends in clinical trial operations and management to identify gaps/areas of opportunity; develop action plans to address areas of concern.
• Ensure coordination on strategic issues, systematic problems, and issue resolution.
• Develop appropriate performance metrics for project evaluation and acceptance.
• Analyze current business practices, processes, and procedures. Plan for future growth and capabilities and ensure the ability to effectively manage new endeavors in the realm of clinical trial management.
• Identify future business opportunities and collaborate on the development and implementation of best practices to align with the business objectives of Montefiore IT.
• Manage vendor relationships. Establish service agreements and contracts with vendors to guarantee product support, maintenance, and enhancements.
• Act as a point person for any escalated issues.