- Job Level:
Acts as a vital part in the company's financial management which includes all account reconciliations and preparing reporting package on monthly/quarterly/year-end basis. Supports accounting activities including month-end close, posting journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation, and reporting.
- Supports financial close process and assist in the preparation of various reporting packs including intercompany reconciliation and corporate consolidation packs.
- Manages fixed assets schedule including projection of fixed asset purchase and disposal.
- Proper record keeping and analysis and internal controls over fixed asset including lease instruments.
- Performs reporting and analysis of inventory, cost of goods sold and margin analysis.
- Supports annual physical inventory count and monitoring of cycle count results.
- Analyze and explains variances to management.
- Assist in monitoring inventory obsolescence provisions for budget and forecasts, setting standard costs factors, monitoring inventory turnover and other metrics.
- Assists in analyzing manufacturing operations costs, allocation of costs, variance analysis and inventory valuation.
- Maintains proper set up and controls regarding product costing including bill of materials, labor and overhead standard costs
- Supports preparation and analysis of performance metrics, including daily/weekly/monthly tracking of production performance.
- Explains manufacturing variance and income statement variances, provide decision support.
- Performs account analysis to provide insightful understanding of financial results vs targets, including margin analysis by product line.
- Supports implementation of internal controls and process improvements across accounting and finance operations.
- Assists in preparation of documentation of reconciliation procedures and any new accounting policy implementation.
- Applies critical thinking, identifies and resolves problems and inconsistencies and suggests appropriate corrective procedures.
- Assists in ensuring proper compliances with respective state and federal authority for sales, use and property taxes.
- Prepares process documentation and work instructions.
- Participates or leads implementation of finance-related technology projects and process improvement initiatives.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
Experience & Skills Required
- 5+ years of experience required, some of which includes previous manufacturing or distribution accounting.
- Excel (advanced proficiency – pivot tables, VLookup and macros), Access, Business Objects, manufacturing ERP application.
- Expert knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and IFRS