Chemistry Lab Technician
- Job Level:
$17.00 - $18.00/hr
We have a great entry level part-time opportunity in an Organic Semi-volatile Extraction Laboratory located in Valhalla, NY. The potential candidate should have completed Organic Chemistry in College, completing at least 16 credits in Chemistry. Position will be Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8am to 4pm.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience and build your resume!!!
- Performing Separatory Funnel Liquid/Liquid Extraction (EPA Method 3510C)
- Performing Soxhlet Extraction (EPA Method 3540C)
- Performing Ultrasonic Extraction (EPA Method 3550C)
Experience & Skills Required
- Must have completed Organic Chemistry in college, completing at least 16 credits in chemistry
- Safe chemical handling, ability to safely employ chemical handling techniques, follow established protocol and waste management procedures.
- Excellent PC skills which may include database entry/management (e.g. MS Office Suite).
- Excellent communication, organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills. Ability to write reports, effectively present information and respond to questions.