• Understand core clinical workflows, processes, and interdependencies. Research trends and best practices in relation to healthcare application software. Promotes workflow analysis, process redesign, and adoption of software tools for performance improvement.
• Develop, lead, and mentor staff responsible for analysis, build, and overall project delivery. Regularly perform gap analysis on resources to maintain optimum efficiency.
• Provide leadership by identifying and communicating strategies on relevant areas of oversight for process improvement.
• Assist with formulation of annual and supplemental departmental planning based on these metrics including performance appraisals of staff accountable for the individual metric.
• Provides technical/clinical workflow guidance including application configuration. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates systems needs to develop recommendations for our clinical care teams.
• Assist team in translating business requirements into functional specifications and managing changes to specifications; prioritize, coordinate, and implement updates and requested changes to the system; review and test each new release; troubleshoot problems and questions from end users.
• Facilitate the implementation process and workflow redesign associated with ancillary applications. Advise staff on the adoption of processes that improve efficiency with all applications. This includes, but is not limited to, software evaluation, project management, resource planning, process change, application training, dictionary build, application testing, integration testing, data conversion, and production support.
• Provides input to the annual budgeting process and manages fiscal responsibility for staff and healthcare software. Manage vendor, consultant, and other third-party relationships appropriately and professionally, while maintaining the best interest of the health system.
Monitors compliance with regulatory changes particularly related to promoting interoperability measures and other CMS regulations. Works closely with departments to meet organizational compliance. Train and/or supervise the training of users and other staff in current and new aspects of system functionality. Participate in go-lives and support.
• Participate in On-Call support. Accountable and responsible for supporting business-critical applications and systems that operate 24/7/365.
• Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.